Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Cradle Mountain

Cradle Mountain is on the right. It has three peaks.
Today, we went on a 6 kilometer walk around Dove Lake, at the base of Cradle Mountain in Cradle Mountain-Lake Saint Clair National Park.  Cradle Mountain looks like someone took a bite out of the tip of a mountain, because (from the picture), you can tell it looks like a cradle.  

I'm not sure what this plant is called, but it looks really neat! 
On this walk, we saw lots of different wildlife from in the states, such as odd looking trees.  The scenery reminded me of a rainforest with dense bushes and tiny waterfalls here and there.  Some of the trees looked like something Dr. Seuss would draw in his stories.  We seemed to be walking through different biomes only minutes apart.  This is a picture of one of the trees I thought looked like something in a fairy tail.

This is a picture of my brother and me on glacier rock.  This rock is located on the shore of Dove Lake.  Based off of the picture, you can tell how high we are off the lake.  There was a beautiful view of the mountain from here.  I really enjoyed today, and I hope to have just as much fun tomorrow!  So far, being on a different continent, in a different hemisphere, has taught me a lot about how much the world can be different then from New England.

No comments:

Post a Comment