Monday, April 6, 2015

Stare Into a Canon

Today, we met some of my mother's friends (the same ones we had seen in Leipzig) for hot chocolate and lunch.  Here is a picture of their children (Phillipe and David), and my brother and me.  David is the younger one in the yellow.  We are sitting on a cannon used in the 1700.







The second picture here is me looking into the same cannon.  This landmark (and many other old weapons) is in a fortress called Kalemegdan.  Kalemegdan was built and destroyed many times, beginning in 535 during the Roman Empire.  It is in Belgrade, Serbia, at the confluence of the Danube and Sava Rivers.  It has always been used to protect the city, not always successfully.




The third picture is of my family in front of two towers in Kalemegdan.  I am on the left with my brother next to me.  My mom is in the middle and my dad is on the right.  I had a lot of fun today, especially when we got to have lunch with my mom and her friends. I ordered barbecue chicken that had a strong hickory taste.



1 comment:

  1. I just imagined that cannon exploding in your face... you be dead... I be sad much ... yeah. Caveman language...

    ReplyDelete