Saturday, April 4, 2015

History Lessons

For the last few days, we had a lot of fun.  It started off with a plane ride from Prague to Munich.  It was only about an hour and a half, but it felt like 30 seconds since I fell asleep before we even began taxiing.  Then, we had a 4-hour layover in Munich before we took a plane to Belgrade, Sebia,  where my mom's mother, Gordana, lives.  When we got to her apartment, we all walked to one of my favorite places, the Sava River.  Here is a picture with me in front of the River Sava.  This river connects to the River Danube at the base of an ancient fortress called Kalemegdan, only a couple hundred yards down the river to the right of where I am standing.

These other two pictures show the stairs next to the Sava River, before and after World War I.  You can see how destroyed it got.  Some other parts of Belgrade got even more damage!  I am on the left of the picture, and next to me is my brother, then my grandmother and my mom.  The city is still being rebuilt.  Right now, they are repairing the National Museum.

1 comment:

  1. W-w-w-wait, there's a SAVA river, yet there's no ARTHUR river? What is this madness? All jokes aside, the 97 year timeskip was a cool idea.

    ReplyDelete